What are Standard 2-Car Garage Dimensions?
While two car garages come in many different dimensions and specifications, the smallest dimensions for a 2 vehicle garage is 20ft square. A 20×20 Garage will be very tight with two cars unless one has very small vehicles. Sheds Unlimited recommends 2 Car Garage Dimensions of at least 24×24. This will give room for two cars and a bit of extra space behind some cars for storage. If you are looking for a garage with some workshop space, then it is much easier to add a few feet to the dimensions of a two car garage from the start, than to add more space later.
2-Car Garage Specifications for a Standard Garage:
1. Workshop: 4/12 pitch roof with a truss rafter — Saltbox:5/12 back roof and 10/12 front roof
2. Thirty year Architectural shingles on the roof with felt paper
3. Two 9’x7′ Overhead Doors solid (Sunburst glass on the Legacy) and two 24″x27″ Windows with Shutters
4. One 3’x6’8″ Prehung Entrance Door Solid (Glass options are listed on the Options page)
5. Hurricane Straps on Rafters, Sheathing Clips and House Wrap is a Standard Feature
6. Setup on a concrete pad within 20 miles of our location (Call 717-442-3281 for a shipping quote)
1. The prices do NOT include the floor
2. Customers are responsible to provide a level and square concrete pad the EXACT size of the building purchased.
Sheds Unlimited only requires a monolithic pad (without footers) to build on. However, each customer
is responsible to inquire with their local township for local code requirements.
3. Sheds Unlimited will install anchor bolts approximately every four feet along the perimeter of the building. If
a local town requires that the anchor bolts be concreted in, they should be kept in from the edge a minimum
of 4″ and not more than 5″ from the edge of the pad. Please call 717-442-3281 with any questions.